Erase all your iPhone data, it is good.
You always have to erase your iPhone’s data before trading it in, giving it to someone, or selling it. It is an excellent practice to make your data secure from the wrong hands and do not share your old photos with anyone. Here is how to erase all your iPhone’s data permanently before saying goodbye.
Before erasing data, you should do the following steps:
- Disable the “Find my iPhone” service.
- “Settings,” > “Find My” > “Find My Phone” and toggling “Find My Phone” and “Find My Network” to off.
- Un-pair all connected devices.
- Turn iMessage off.
Then, you should log out from your iCloud, here’s how:
- Go to “Settings,” >> top button with your name >> “Sign out”
- Enter your iCloud password
- iOS will ask you to save a copy of your data on your phone. If you already backed up (recommended), do nothing.
- Tap “Sign Out” and confirm pop-up.
Now you are all ready to erase your iPhone.
- Remove sim card.
- Go to “Settings,” >> “General,” > “Transfer or Reset iPhone,” and select “Erase All Content and Settings.”
Now your data is no more in the iPhone and you can sell with no worries.