Wallpaper’s color is the OS color now.
Android 12 is coming with a feature that allows users to change the whole color accent of their phone according to your phone’s wallpaper. If you are “lucky” to have Android 12 now, then you should just try it. Especially if you love colors and style.
If you enable this feature, called “Themed Icon,” you will see a new color (same accent as your wallpaper) in the search fields, tiles, icons, and other elements.
How to enable Themed icons feature in Android 12
It is easy.
- Long-press on any empty part of your home screen.
- Choose “Wallpaper & Style.”
- Choose “Change Wallpaper.”
- Choose from given wallpapers or you personalize photos by clicking “My photos.”
- After selecting wallpaper, you will be shown a preview of how your wallpaper looks like on the home and lock screen. If you are satisfied with the look, click the check mark in the bottom-right corner.
- A pop-up will ask you to choose if you want to select this wallpaper for the home screen, lock screen, or both. Select according to your will and now you are again on the home screen.
- Now, go back to “Wallpaper & style” and scroll until you see “Themed icon” and toggle it on.
- Congrats! You are all done.
- You can also select more colors according to your wallpaper.
It doesn’t affect your battery or phone’s performance, you can change the look according to your wish and that’s all, just a little more choice.
All screenshots belong to The Verge.